Behavioral disorders in children are very common these days and these types of disabilities can be dangerous if don’t get proper medication on time. Nurturing a child is grueling but handling a child who is being difficult with their emotions and behavior is challenging for their parents. Periodically every teenager acts impulsively or shows aggressive behavior but when they often show extreme and unusual behavior at their developing stage, it depicts a behavioral disorder in children.
WHAT IS A BEHAVIORAL DISORDER?
Disorder defines as an act of disruption of the body’s or mind’s regular operations but when disturbance happens in mental activities, it is considered a behavioral disorder. This causes problems for adolescents at their home, in school or in other social places. Physical fitness is also affected by these disorders.
SOME COMMON BEHAVIORAL DISORDERS ARE:-
- OPPOSITIONAL DEFIANT DISORDER (ODD)
- ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPERACTIVITY DISORDER (ADHD)
- AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDER (ASD)
- CONDUCT DISORDER (CD)
ODD stands for Oppositional Defiant Disorder. It is a type of behavioral disorder that is most common in children nowadays. Here, teenagers or youngsters who suffer from this disorder manifest persistent behavior of aggression towards their elders, such as guardians, caretakers, parents and educators. It is usually found in children under the age of 12. Some usual actions of youngsters with this disorder are –
- Declines to follow the norms.
- Accuse others of any wrongdoing or mishap that happened.
- Quickly displeased, upset or angered.
- Appears to make others angry and agitated intentionally.
ADHD stands for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. It is a disorder in which juveniles feel difficult to pay attention in various circumstances. They often become hyperactive and impetuous. There are three subtypes based on indications of the behavior of children:-
- INATTENTIVE:- As the name suggests, a child which doesn’t pay heed to important talks or becomes easily distracted.
- IMPULSIVITY:- It tells about impatient teenagers. They usually interrupt the conversations and find it difficult to stay still and longingly wait for their turn.
- COMBINED BEHAVIORS:- it is a combination of both above behaviors of youngsters.
ASD stands for Autism Spectrum Disorder. It is a disability based on the brain’s distinctions. Some people face this disorder due to genetic conditions. Due to this disorder pupils usually face difficulty in social interactions and converse easily with others. It creates problems in socializing and language skills. Symptoms can be:-
- Not able to make eye contact with problems in expressing their emotions.
- Repeatedly speak words or phrases but fail to understand the meaning.
- Doesn’t seem to comprehend commands.
- Doesn’t seem to share their interests with others.
- Fails to comprehend others’ feelings.
CD stands for Conduct Disorder. It is a physiological disability that includes recurring and persisting psychological and physiological issues in children. These issues are stealing, deceit, potentially destructive physical violence, and willful rule-breaking. Symptoms can be-
- Initiates physical conflicts.
- Flees from his/her home.
- Humiliates, scares or assaults others
- Intentionally damages another person’s possessions.
Abnormal adults are found because of undiagnosed youngsters. Generally, the fast treatment will be; the more productive youth will be. So, children found with these indications should be treated immediately. Families will be able to handle these behaviors with proper and prompt therapies.